Monday, July 9, 2012

Bachelor Life?


A (single) friend of mine recently introduced me to this blog he has been following lately called The Bachelor Life Survival Guide. It's written by a guy called Ethan Lee, a confirmed bachelor living in LA and he offers advice on a variety of things from cooking to making money. At first I wondered why my buddy was sending me this link, I've been married for years, but the thing is that even although Ethan is writing to a target audience of bachelors, what he says still makes a whole lot of sense! Take this little excerpt from his latest blog entry:

“There’s something magical about public speaking and improv comedy. I highly suggest someone take both. They compliment one another and both are incredibly powerful when used correctly. Being witty and funny on the spot takes a lot of time and practice. I know from my friends and family that I am indeed a witty and silly person, and even when I took improv comedy it bolstered it to an all new level. Plus, the class itself is an absolute blast! “ 
Ethan Lee, 4 Easy Ways To Be & Look More Intelligent, Sophisticated & Awesome

That sort of advice doesn't only apply to single guys, or the male population in general – anyone can look at that advice and take it on board. I continued reading and I wanted to know more. It's definitely on my reading list now.

So can a married man live the bachelor life? Is it more about attitude than marital status? I know to some extent I have to put my wife and children first, but I am definitely going to be putting some of Ethan's tips to the test!

No comments:

Post a Comment