Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Is Single Life a Better Life?


When a long term relationship comes to an end, it can be difficult to adjust to a new bachelor life. For me personally I have found that although being single is a massive change, it has plenty of benefits which lead me to believe that the single life actually is the better life for me. I actually recently read a report which said that 43 percent of adults in America are enjoying the bachelor life citing benefits such as career flexibility, social freedom and extended personal time with fewer distractions.


 Married life is great when it works. However, marriage, and indeed any long term relationship, brings with it lots of distractions both from personal time and from work. There is the constant need to consider someone else. Can I work late or will the wife be annoyed? Can I go for a drink with the boys after work or has my girlfriend made dinner reservations? None of this matters when you are                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               single. You are living your own life and can take control of it. The same goes for career options. If you are working towards a promotion or to a dream job, often you need to put in long and sometimes unsociable hours. If you are unattached then this can be easier as there is no balancing act between work and relationships. If I had to I could pick up and move across state for a  job, knowing that I wouldn't have to worry about anyone else.
 Now I am not saying that no-one should ever get married. In fact when I got married it was exactly what I wanted at the time. However, for right now it seems that the single life is right for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment