Thursday, October 4, 2012

Bachelor survival guide



As I am nearing my 28th birthday I am now in possession of the know-how and experience to make the most of a quiet bachelor lifestyle.
In the beginning I had my mind set on being the same as everybody else, namely finding a good women and settling down and becoming a father, a loving husband, but I was totally unprepared for the difficulties that I would face as a teenager and a young adult.
The problem was that I expected that the women I met would treat me in the same respectful way that I would treat them, but I was wrong. Although some did a lot of other women did not and I began to realize that a large number of them were devious and not entirely truthful about their attentions. This caused me a lot of hurt and confusion for a number of years as well as the financial impact of all these failed attempts at forming a long-term loving relationship.
After making mistake after mistake for the past decade I finally decided to start a new phase of my life, one that does not include ever settling down with one woman and starting a family, but one that means that I stay single and stay in control of my destiny.

I am more than happy to leave the old me behind, the part of me that wanted all those things as a teenager and young adult that I wanted no longer interest me. Looking back I can see that I was never really that contented in any of my past relationships, so what is the point of starting another one?
Being in control of my own life and setting achievable goals in life and obtaining those goals are going to give me a much more real sense of achievement and happiness than any women could ever hope to achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment