Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The bachelor life for me?


Having not had the experience of being a bachelor for quite some time, I was recently given the chance to rediscover the joys of bachelor living when my wife and child went away to visit relatives in another part of the country. I was not a particularly good bachelor when I was younger so I was determined to make the most of my week of bachelor freedom. But with this new found freedom I felt like a fish out of water, I was not used to being on my own so how would I spend the whole week? Previously I would have spent ours in front of the television watching the sports channels, drinking beer and I would only leave the house when I had to go to college or buy more supplies. 
The first day was straight forward, I had to work during the day and the evening was spent in front of the TV with –yes you’ve guessed it – watching the sports channels, and I did not get to bed until after midnight.
Old habits die hard it seems so I made plans to do something more productive the following day I arranged to meet with a friend and go to the movies. Okay that is not too dissimilar to watching TV but hey it got me out of the house for awhile and besides we did end up going to a bar afterwards for a couple of drinks.
By the third day I was actually getting rather bored with being on my own and I was beginning to miss my wife and child. The last few days I spent in front of the TV or down the pub and I certainly will not long for the single life once my partner returns, for one thing I could not afford the amount of money I was spending on trips to the pub or the movies.


No comments:

Post a Comment