Saturday, October 6, 2012

Body Modifications: a Man’s POV


I had never been someone to consider any kind of body modification. I stuck to that until my buddy got me to get my first tattoo years ago on a dare. We had made a bet on a football game and I lost.  I had to be macho, suck it up, and get that tattoo. Little did I know, that dare would be the start of a near obsession for me. Years later, I have not only that tattoo, but also I have many more. My entire back is covered in them. People tend to look at me like I’m a freak or something. I don’t give a damn what people think.

About a year ago, I added to my body modification obsession and started to get body piercings. I started out getting my nose, eyebrow, and ear pierced. I have seen some of my friends that hang out at the bar with their ears stretched and have decided I’m going to start doing stretching mine. I have already started the process. It will take time to get to the size I want; I am not even sure what size I want to go to yet. I’m at a 16 gauge right now. The process is taking some time, but I sure don’t want to hurt my earlobes by trying to stretch them out too fast.

I met this guy once, who had tried to stretch his ears too fast and he ended up with a serious tear in his skin. It looked damn painful.  I have sure done my research on getting my ears stretched though.  I have to be careful what sort of materials I use for my gauges. If I use the wrong kind of material for stretching, or insert a porous body plug in my ear before it is fully healed I could get a serious infection. I am so not about getting a nasty infection in my ears. I have found a website that offers some incredible body plugs. I’m leaning towards getting some new concave black onyx stone plugs or gun metal hematite plugs.  I’ll figure that out once I get to the size I’m after.

No comments:

Post a Comment