Monday, October 8, 2012

Being Proud Of Your Body




People give me strange looks all the time when I am out, but I don’t care what they think. I know why they stare. I’m always in my tanks so I can show off not only my great muscles but also my kick ass tattoos. I’ve been getting them since I was a teenager. The first couple I did on my own. The older I got the more elaborate I wanted my designs. I now have sleeves on my arms and my back is entirely covered. I decided that I wouldn’t just put simple designs on my body but that I would tell a story when it came to going through with my body modifications.

I treat my body like a huge work of art and I keep adding to it. I have different pieces that are in memory of different family members that have passed on, my military service, and my little girl. As macho a guy as I am, having a constant reminder of my baby girl on my arm, is something that I had to do. Sure people don’t get how I can have skulls, while animals and other designs next to my daughter but hey, it is all art to me and I love all of it.

My buddy, after he saw all of my tattoos, decided that he may get a couple of his own. He has a couple of scars that he wants to have covered up and tattoos are great for that.  He is considering getting a memorial to his time in the military and I think he mentioned getting a dragon. I told him, once you get your first tattoo it can become an addiction. I don’t know anyone of my friends who have tattoos that stopped after getting the first one.

Getting tattoos done definitely takes a lot of time, effort, and expense. I’ve known people that have had to get their large tattoos done in steps because of the sheer size of them. One of my guy friends got a mythical design on his back, first he had the outline done, then he went back on a couple occasions for the colors. All I know is once I started, I couldn’t stop, and I don’t care what people think.

No comments:

Post a Comment