Thursday, October 25, 2012

How I adjusted to bachelor living



I am a bachelor although I was married in the past and it lasted 21 years before I called it quits.
Although, I did not anticipate the myriad of problems that I came across with the transition from married life to being single I do have a preference to being a bachelor. On the other hand, there were a few complications to bachelor survival that I would have to surmount in advance of affirming myself to be independent.
 To begin with, there was the cooking as my ex had been an exceptional preparer of meals who cooked balanced, beneficial and wholesome meals, but now it was down to me to decide what to consume.
 Like most single men tasked with bachelor survival I eat whatever was the fastest and simplest to organize. Consequently my trusty microwave developed into a very important bachelor survival apparatus in my home.
It was soon obvious to me that this was not the long term answer to my problems so I decided to shack up with my brother and a friend and they do all of the cooking. Obviously their cookery expertise is not as good as my former wife's, however; they can still top my best efforts.
The next hurdle to bachelor survival is laundry. I used to deal with my own laundry even before marriage so that was not too much of a problem although some men may find it a chore to far. 
The final thing is of course the cleaning of the house but we share that equally amongst the three of us, it does not take long to use a vacuum cleaner and a duster after all.
Would I get married again in the future? Not a chance. If you want a happier life then just find some friends and arrange to live with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment